Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

One Ember Day Down, Two to Go

A parishioner told me that she could have done without my informing the parish of the Ember Days. It's kind of a thing with me. Some dig it. Others don't.

For some, I suppose it does get in the way of all the Santa, egg-nogging, reindeer, credit card bending seasonal joy that we have come to love and cherish.

No matter. I'm in.
THE DEVIL!

I stayed away from meats yesterday. I ate one solid meal and sparingly on the other two.

My failure was that a friend gave me a jar of Christmas candy and I was not only tempted but CONQUERED by it's sweet promise of artificial fruit fulfillment. So I was walking down the Square just MUNCH MUNCH MUNCHING on my candy. Right out of the jar. I offered a friend some and he said, "No sweets for me. Diabetic." Then it was like the trance was broken. OH NOEZ I DUN BROKE A DIETARY PROHIBITION!

Crap. In between meals on an Ember Day. Tut tut.

So I did a Rosary as a penance.

Tomorrow and Friday are the last two of the season.

If you're into it.