Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baby Boomer Dis of the Day

Yesterday, Dick Clark, "America's Oldest Teenager" died. To be honest, the man was "old" when I was a teen (back in the 80's) and I thought he was sort of an anachronism for the times. I knew he was "somebody" in the '50's but didn't figure he fit in with psychedelia, heavy metal, funk and whatever this was that I really liked at the time...
What an ass.

The Anchoress has a good reflection on Clark's death and what it may mean to the Baby Boomers. Clark never was much of a dissenter or protester, rather he came off as a bemused spectator of the times. Honest to goodness, I can't tell you how he stood politically or religiously and good on him for that. But his passing may very well be the FIRST of the Last of the World's Oldest Teenagers' demise. Much as they hate to admit they will f-f-fade away. Scalia has more:
"I admit, I have some issues with boomers; — who doesn’t? I’m convinced a third of them walked through the high school doors at age 14 and decided to stay there, and another third are perpetually floating through the years 1968 to 1973 like lost-and-angry satellites in space..."
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/