1. Elderly priest with sign of aging (stooped over, a walker, a cane, a respirator.....)
2. Priest in/out of clerical garb doing something fun or funny (golfing, dancing a jig, bowling, playing some character at Vacation Bible School, etc.)
3. Priest in non-liturgically correct vestments and/or "presiding" at a liturgically, canonically inappropriate or awkward function or event (outdoor Mass, passing out children's bulletins, wearing a stole with children of the world on it, etc.)
4. Involved in SOCIAL JUSTICE (usually carrying a sign of some sort or standing on the Capitol steps)
5. Priest in funny hat (beret, sombrero, Seuss hat, Burger King crown, novelty hat that says, "RETIRED", etc.)
So, when I got this picture from the recent Abbey Youth Fest, I wondered if this were sent to the paper if it would get printed. I decided that, no...the priests are too young and fit, they aren't golfing, they are too correct in their dress and they aren't standing in front of an Army base with a sign "NO PEACE, NO JUSTICE! KNOW PEACE, KNOW JUSTICE!". So no. And the hat? Totally not as funny as the Irish tam on the priest in the iron lung doing a jig in front of the Capitol while blessing Occupiers.
As a service then to you, it sees the light of day here on SFC. You're welcome.
|Fr. Scott, Fr. Matthew approach a quarantined clerically dressed guy with a pancho.|