Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Cheer tonight! TSHIRTS ARE HERE!

Good Cheer last week.
Good Cheer starts in just a few short hours (7pm at The Library, off the Square). Tonight's topic will be "praying in college."

Oh - and there'll be the swank new CCM t-shirts. Gotta be there to get one!


A couple of days ago, I asked people to tell us how they pray and what their favorite prayers were. Imagine if I had asked "Why don't you pray?" Here are some answers I probably would have gotten:
  • "I don't have to 'pray' because God already knows that I love him."
  • "Praying is too hard. I can't do it because I don't know what to say."
  • "I shouldn't pray because I don't totally understand my faith."
  • "I don't have enough time to pray. I can't fit it into my schedule."
So, are these real/justifiable reasons for not praying? Why do we need to pray anyway? Doesn't God already know what's in our hearts and minds? And how do we fit prayer into our schedules? Come out to Good Cheer tonight. Bring guests. Enjoy the atmosphere. Socialize. And get answers.