Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

20 Scripture Verses to Inspire You



In honor of St. Augustine, the great scholar of Scripture whose feast day we celebrate today, here are twenty Scripture verses that will encourage you as you live out Christ's calling on campus:

1. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

2. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

3. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

4. Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:4-5

5. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58

6. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

7. Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2

8. He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

9. We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

10. I can do all things in him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

11. Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

12. [B]ut he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

13. Your word is a lamp to my feet and light to my path. Psalm 119:105

14. And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

15. The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing as on a day of festival. Zephaniah 3:17

16. O Taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34:8

17. Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4

18. For God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

19. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27

20. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8