Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Giddy Up!!

Hey y'all!

Long time no post...sorry. Busy time as a student...because being a priest during Holy Week and still updating the blog is nothing*

*That was sarcasm. Round of applause for Fr. Joe.

The view of the main field of the camp from the
porch of the main building
This summer I will be serving at Covecrest- a camp in Tiger, Georgia owned by Life Teen. Covecrest is is a summer camp that serves for 100+ teens every week for 9 weeks in the summer. The work that I will be doing is interacting with teens, leading small groups, playing Ultimate Frisbee till my legs fall off, and so much more. If you are more interested in how the camp works or the work I will be doing please let me know and I'll be glad to tell you.

This camp and Life Teen has helped me become the man of faith I am today in a multitude of ways. Now I get to selfishly pay my debt to them by serving over there for 6 weeks. I am extremely excited and really blessed to have this opportunity.


Here is a little more:



So like the video said monetary donations are all greatly appreciated and every little bit helps. You can go to my donation page at: donate.lifeteen.com/pschmidt

Right before I ate it trying to run with this thing...
Even more so I truly do need your prayers. I am headed up to camp RIGHT after a stressful week of finals and closing off this school year. I can tell you now, Im probably going to need some patience right off the bat. And your prayers in general that I may be a light of Christ for these teens and help deepen their faith for the short week they are with us.

Offering up a Rosary/Mass/Chaplet/Novena/Intercession from your favorite saint/what have you. Anything helps in that department as well.

I am looking forward to doing the same for y'all!

Once again my donation page is here, with more information and directions on how to donate.

Thank you and God bless!

P.S.- the title is Giddy Up because that was the theme my first year as a camper. This years theme is FEARLESS.