Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I don't think that flag means what you think it means...

I don't follow the whole new 52 thing. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you don't either. It's a comic book geek thing.

However, this came to my attention today. It's a limited edition variant of Justice League of America #1.

 
For those non-nerds, we have a Hispanic, a possibly bi-sexual-ish woman, a white male who may or may not be Native-American and a Black Muslim raising the Mississippi flag as part of a promotion of the comic book. Every state has their own cover.

What makes this ironic is The Mississippi State Flag has been declared as a racist symbol by the NAACP and other activist groups including the Diocese of Jackson. And yet, this multicultural-racial-gender team is seen as lifting up the flag.

Either the heroes are EVIL! or those who oppose the flag are really....

Oh man, by extension, I think I get to be Sinestro...